View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 01:53 PM

Default Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo...... This is really bad

Ugh... So, we finally got snow in Clarksville TN last Saturday! We got about 5 inches! Of corse I had to pull the buggy out and drive it around. Driving it was a blast! Until, I was driving down a one mile stretch of road that had some slush on it and I started hearing sounds, bad sounds. At first, I just ignored it, but as I kept going, they got worse and worse. It got to the point to where home was in sight! but my engine was making extremely weird sounds, so I stopped and smoke was coming out of the CVT area. My granddad came out and towed me home. Just yesterday I took the tranny apart and what I was is in the attached pics. What you might not be able to tell is that the threads that hold the fan plate on are gone. I'm hoping and praying that ASW's warranty will cover the damages. I think they will because I haven't done any major modifications to the engine, like a big bore kit. My granddad doesn't think they will. My question here is actually two questions. #1. What on earth caused this? #2. Do you think ASW will cover the damages?

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!