Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

No I agree with you, all I'm saying is that $1000.00 on shocks is all on how you look at it. When compared to the person who experimented failed broke parts and replaced it is relative to which path you choose. Most will think they stole a buggy for 300.00 but when you figure everything in you may have come out cheaper buying a new one. Many like to take something old and fix like new weather for hobby or relaxation. In all it comes down to a matter of choice. The $ ammount is just used as a comparrison. My ex wife complained when I spent money on something then would complain again when I spent too much time to save the money she complained about. So you see its all relative there is cost for what ever you do. It comes down to the choices to best bennifit what you want to do. Playing with the kids costs time which time is value but the time spent is enjoyed at present but will pay off in the long run. Educating one self will also bennifit one in the long run. But now play with the kids all the time and do no work, or educate yourself all the time and do no work you will go without and hungry. which bennifits no one. The whole point is balance. We all know that 2+2=4 so why waste time on trying to come up with a different solution to the equasion. Back to the origional point of this thread. We all buy these buggies because they are fun and cheap. But cheap comes with a price tag. We find the flaws and come up with a solution, some solutions are cheaper then others. We pass what we find on to others so that they don't have to go through the time and money only to come at the same results as we have. Like I said earlier metalstudman has found flaws in his work and has relayed them to us so that we can learn and not waste time and money, and many others have put their imput in as well. Either way you can spend money and time trying to find the right shock that will take the pounding, or even if not in the budget save for the proper shock that is designed for our buggies with hopes in the meantime something as effective and cheaper comes along or we can spend our time and money repairing what breaks by trying to get something proven to not work to work like trying to make 2+1=4. I love bettering my buggy, and have tried many things to make it better. When I realise that something will not work I go to the next possible solution. As I stated earlier my Joyner needs front shocks really bad and I cannot afford a set of Works, so in the intrim I will look for a set of shocks someone had taken off their Joyner or even buy a set of new stock until I can afford the works.

Last edited by SYCARMS; 03-29-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Mis spoke