View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Lurker

I just got back from a test run on some fresh installs. It's a totally different buggy already!

I opened up the cvt and installed 12g sliders, I weighed the stock rollers and they were 13g but I could feel the difference for sure, alot more drifting out of turns and hill climbing was improved a good deal.

I also installed the blue AC performance cdi, I still have stock coil and plug but I did this install first obviously and drove it down the street, I was getting up to speed faster already but in conjunction with the sliders, it made a noticeable difference.

I still have a 1.5k torque spring, uni filter and a a few different main jets to play with.

I'm going to install the 1.5k spring tomorrow morning and hit the trails for a tester. I have a tap set for the screws on the bottom of the carb, but I'm really not sure I'm gonna be good at doing that so I may just order another carb and use that as my tester, plus I need to order that 6" tube for the uni. I know I could fashion one, but I want it to look clean.

is there a sleeve u can buy that goes over the uni? I thought I read there's a water repellent/pre filter sleeve type thing but I can't seem to find it Google searching.

also after I get the 1.5k spring in, dial In Jet and filter all installed, what would be some suggestions for next upgrade? Hd coil + plug I'll alreadydo soon eenough.

Any advice on suspension upgrade? I know that's asked alot, but I guess I'm wondering what I can actually do. My rear seems to be the worst, but I'm sure all 4 shocks aren't oil filed so anything oil filled would help. Would there be disadvantages to using a shock set .5" shorter in the rear? Or .5" longer? I ask because 18" shocks seems not very common, but the .5 ones are more common.

thanks in advance, I'll post some pics as soon as I upload them, ride was super fun

Last edited by Mac; 08-20-2015 at 07:31 PM.