View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjeep4.7HO View Post
The oil temp not being axactly the same isn't a huge deal as long as you have some info as to what the oil does with increase in temp and you can build a easy spreadsheet or model if your smarter than I am and it can adjust for the difference in oil temp.
Part of the fun of the dyno will be testing on topics that stir up conversation and debate. Keeping accuracy factors like oil temp as tightly regulated as possible will help to keep conversation focused on the parts and the merits of the test data (instead of points being made against the design of the machine itself). If I rely too much on corrections, I feel that the first thing a naysayer will do is point to the weatherman's forecast model. Like how it was supposed to snow here yesterday, but we didn't get a single flake.

I expect a bit of kickback from sellers who are offering exaggerated claims (outright lies IMO) to sell their parts. You see this on eBay and Amazon a lot. The lack of real testing by manufacturers makes it easy for sellers to get away with making up bogus claims. I don't want to give them any wiggle room when we all start calling them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFKING69 View Post
Nice....how much was that afr package?
Around $200 I believe, was a while back so the Gen4 might be priced lower now.

Last edited by T@BD; 12-27-2017 at 01:21 PM.