View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

The only thing I see that would be an issue with just using the snowmobile parts is NO reverse,unless that engine configuration came with it. You really need reverse for those type of hills. The money I had in my 440 Frankenbuggy included the kart & fresh engine purchase ($400) Then I had to spend $$'s on NOS electrical stuff to get it running right. I'm an EL CHEAPO builder too!! Since your kart is complete (basically free!!!) then your cost would be for the snowmobile and a couple of hundred dollars in mod's/fabricating. I still think you should get the kart running as is and sell it- buy something else better suited for the bigger engine mod.,you could drive it with the stock 150cc to get a feel for how much power you'll need to navigate those hills/trails without struggling. You'll end up spending alot of time and money trying to get the front suspension strong enough and correct geometry on the Siverfox & then a completely new swingarm too. If you bought another used full size buggy then the frontend would probably be strong enough in stock form (other than a Spiderbox). All your money would be on the swingarm end instead of on the whole buggy. The little things that everyone wants to have - bigger tires, better shocks, better seating and rack-n-pinion can't be bought for your Silverfox for less than buying a used full size buggy that comes with these items already. Just food for thought!!!