Thread: Fuel Injection
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:02 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
I'm old school on these things simply due to the fact that there are no top rated EFI for these buggies. I can deal with carb issues on the trail but if the EFI has a problem your down. Quality parts are a must but for these buggies it is not there.
I have to agree. I learned to work on cars when carbs were king. Watched efi take over and actually took the time to learn them. I was one of the first on our local drag track that was tuning and racing efi systems. After all that I've seen the problems bad efi can cause but still a big supporter of everything going in that direction but only when its a quality swap.

You can take a universal kit and make it work but it's gonna take time and money to make the kit fit the project. The quality of parts is not there yet for these smaller systems. I've seen an ectotron kit and programming. Frankly I wouldn't give them $100 for it much less the IMHO outrageous price they are charging. If you search around the scooter forums for every one guy that gets it running there are 5 going back to a carb. Poorly machined parts, bad re-purposed parts, poor programming, and bad customer support keeps me from even buying a cheap used kit to try.

The only thing universal parts fit well is the box it came in.