View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks guys.

MetalStud: I am looking to buy used. I don't have the spare money to spend $4k = on them right now. Plus my wife already thinks I'm crazy. She's a city girl that doesn't see the point of tractors, atvs, go karts, etc. In fact, she doesn't see the point in buying the land and would prefer that I sold it.

I am no mechanic but I don't mind doing some tinkering. My brother has a lot of tools (including a welder) and is pretty good at mechanical repairs. I figure I could get 2 used buggies for $1000 to $1,500 ($500 to $750 each) and do repairs as neccessary. I have seen some machines on craigslist that are prices around there.

One other question. I notice some ads for used Karts that are 6.5 hp lawnmower-type engines and the seller calls them 169cc. Then I higher priced vehicle is a 150cc. I am assuming the 150cc has a smaller displacement but is a motor cycle engine so it runs at higher rpms and, therefore, generates more horsepower. Is that correct? Is there a significant performance difference between a 6.5 or 7 hp motor and a 150cc motor?

Last edited by Tosser; 02-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.