View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
I'm not familiar with reverse set ups. So I have no idea what else I would need, or how to install it.

That's why I think the BD kit would be MY best option.
yeah, The BD kit will be good for you then, but buying everything buy itself can save you $150.00, but you will have no true support.

I had no knowledge when I first installed mine, but it is very simple to install.

I took mine off of my spare engine so I had re-installed it in reverse order. the hardest part (or should I say most time consuming was swapping the output shaft), that took about 1 1/2 hours. the rest was simple drill, bolt on and adjust type of stuff.

all you need is the gearbox, the cable, the shift handle, and the output shaft.

It's all self explanitory, change the shaft out, empty the gear oil, 4 bolts behind the Clutch to remove the gears (don't rip the gasket, just like the cvt case), swap the output shaft, put it back together like you took it apart.

next slide the gearbox on the shaft (space as needed, for the most part it should line up, if not use spacers, it should come with one and the engine has one one it), tighten nut on shaft. I used a nylon lock nut one that is short (stock spindle nut).

attaching the cable to the gearbox is easy, unscrew the bell and slide the 1/4 ball in the hole, put bell back on.

attach the shift handle to the buggy, preferably in a spot you can reach with your seatbelt on, you can weld a tab to secure it to are you can use clamps. The cable then slides in the shifter and you can adjust the tension from either side.

That's it, other than the chain will have to be adjusted... you shouldn't need any links, only if you go to a 39T sprocket.

Last edited by T3beatz; 02-21-2012 at 02:32 PM.