View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Supporting Vendor

I typed in subaru ex27 in my brouser and come up with a manual from subaru, however it does not speak of or instruct the adjustment of the float. I than went on 2 different forums where they spoke of adjusting the float. Although your float is plastic, if it has a metal tang which the needle clips on your float can be adjusted by bending the metal tang. If the tang is also plastic there is no adjustment. I had also read a post which your problem with exception of the flooding was discussed. The solutions were to bypass the fuel pump using only gravity feed, and the other fix was to incert a T fitting in fuel line with a return hose to the fuel tank returning excessive fuel. It sounds that your problems started with the elevation of the fuel tank. Raising the tank higher increases the delivery pressure to the carb, and along with the fuel pump may be creating too much pressure to where it is causing fuel to seep past the needle and seat.I had no problem downloading the service manual from the subaru site. If you can not down load it than PM me your e-mail and I will try to send the file to you. Its a pretty large file though. The first thing is to check your float to see if it has the metal tang on the float. Second type subaruEX27 into your google search bar. That is where I found the forums and manuals.
Tom