View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Power User

Thanks for the "likes" i was trying to keep the cladding a bit of a surprise. It's really strange to drive with it and the fenders on, can't see the front wheels at all.
i'm out of most work for about a week or so, elbow and arm look like popeye's after a can of spinach. had to pull and tear down one of my deck mower engine's today, no fun lifting that puppy out! If the ground had been hard, i'd likely be in a cast.

Tom, if you watch my vids, you see i use a thumbs-out grip on the wheel most of the time. was taught that at 2 of the open wheel racing schools i went through years ago. saves from broken thumbs. my neighbor center-punched a deer on his kawaski 750 and shattered both thumbs and wrists. he was an ind. trucker, it put him permanently out of the driving biz.

a cross brace on the rear is on the list, held off doing it until i know what i'm stuffing back there. my one concern is for those putting that in with a bearing mount on it or a bar from the underside---a good hit on the bar the bearing mount is on could end up bending the axle upwards.