View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Lite Contributor

After this, I'll stop wasting forum space.

Everything appears functional, but nothing functions in this hydraulic brake system. All hoses are clear and pass air both ways. All three wheel cylinders pistons are moveable, maybe not as easy as they should be, but I'm not familiar with how easy they should move.

The two master cylinder plungers and rubber cup type fittings on each one look clean and not worn. With the MC on the bench, activating the plungers, one at a time, results in a little air being forced out when depressed, and pretty darn good vacuum when released.

I rigged up a vacuum system like Metalstudman1 suggested, hooked to my shop vac. I can get some bubbling fluid drawn out of the left front bleeder fitting, and the level in the MC went down during my first attempt - [after some of the following steps, I went back to it and again got a little bubbling at the valve, but the fluid leved did not go down in the MC]. I could not get a solid stream of air free fluid after quite a while sucking, so I closed that fitting and moved to the right front.

I could get no action. I again removed that cylinder and brake line, made sure the piston would activate by blowing air into the hose fitting. Still no results when sucking on the bleed valve. I even removed the hose again from the wheel cylinder and blew back through it toward the MC - I got air into the MC.

I tried the vacuum rig on the rear brake and got nothing. All the above is with the brake switch inserted into its receptacle in the MC.

All this has been done without trying to bench bleed the MC; I have no plugs for the MC hose openings and don't think I did a good job trying that earlier by holding my finger(s) over various openings.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions from everyone here, it is really appreciated.