View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Heavy Contributor

ya, that sums it up. It's my moms ground we ride, fish, swim on. we have friends come out. as ckau said, we very picky who comes out. mom looked into having everyone that comes out, sign a waver. her attorney told her, wouldn't matter. If they want to sue, they will do it. Wavers don't mean crap anymore. mom more scared of someone drowning more than anything. why when kids are swimming. Parents are inline of sight at all times of the kids. We'll have 10 or more kids at one time sometimes. We all take head counts, and check all the time. When kids get on the buggy, I stop what I'm doing, and stand on the dike. Watch and listen. If I don't hear the engine running for more than a min. I'm heading over that way to see whats up. Why I really like that exhaust.
Sometimes wonder how the wife and I have any fun when we do have 3 or 4 families come out. We are on constant alert. But we enjoy others having fun. We can go out there anytime we want.
One time Emmy was watching kids on the Dock. One girl slipped and hit the dock sideways going in. Was in the spring, and water was a little chilly. But kids don't care. my wife wont go in, until heat of summer. She hates cold water. It's got to be warm. But before we could do anything. Emmy jumped in the water, with all her clothes even before the girl came back up to surface. She was fine. little black and blue on her hip. But just surprised me how she didn't even give it a 2nd thought. She was in the water.
Another time, kids was playing out in water all after noon. All the kids was playing on a large floaty. One of the kids, was only about ten feet from floaty. And herd him as one of the other kids for help. I could see he was having problems. Others didn't do anything. He asked again for help. Nothing. He was about ready to go down. Yelled at top of my lungs for my son to go help him. Devan grab him, and got him back on the floaty. Kid was just got tired. They was out swimming all after noon. After that, brought all the kids in, and wife and I gave them all a royal azz chewing. Let them know, if someone ask for help, you better do it, or they wont come out again. Then grounded them for the rest of the day out of the water. I finally got to drink a beer. .
I used to be a registered life guard. However, still certified in CPR, and first aid. I go every 2 years. Just basicly because of the place we have.

Last edited by tkeagle; 09-13-2015 at 12:06 PM.