View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegian63 View Post
I cleaned the drive clutch, extreme dirty and the sheaves were pitted and built up with crap, sanded and wire brushed it down smooth and polished, but all in all seemed fine, I cant get the driven off, it looks like I have to tip the motor to get it off, which is kind of dumb. or does it come off in pieces?
The driven unit on this kart has a plate that runs under the motor. If you take the bolts out of motor plate you can slide the driven unit out and be able to work on it.Just so we're clear the driven unit has the sprocket on it. Take care when taking apart as the the spring has LOTS of pressure on it. There are You -Tube vids on re-assembly and spring change out. If the driven unit isn't in really bad shape and has the rubber contacts in place I'd leave it alone.Your adjustments for clarity are: motor front to rear tightens belt- driven unit tightens chain.Since the plate runs under the motor get the chain tight first and tighten the 2 driven bolts, then get the belt tight (belt adjustment is loose to snug on crankshaft. If you don't have the brass bushing on the crank then leave the belt loose.Tighten the 4 motor bolts and test. Belt should slip @ engine idle. If things are still confusing take some more pic's of what you're curiuos about and we'll try to help.
Driven units rarely fail in my experience, the rubber contacts fall off/wear out and can be replace without removing driven unit.Spray lube in the area of the spring and end of the jackshaft bearing only (never where the belt touches).I'm going to PM you a CVT breakdown sheet so you can see what's what.