View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Administrator

It's a tossup but the deciding factor may be in what you said about tight trails. The Carbide has a better turning radius and that will be evident on tight trails. With the helix, we had to make one or two three point turns on tight trails where I think the carbide would have went through in one pass. I actually think that the Carbide is a little more comfortable. I believe it is essentially the same thing as a hammerhead GT200.

Durability wise, I think the helix will hold up better over time.

The Helix performed better in all of our tests. See the you tube vids. But, if you are doing mostly trail riding, either one will be fine. You are not going to get max performance on tight trails. You'll see the performance difference in a drag race or on more opened up situations.

In either one, you can't go wrong and you'll have tons of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerf3206 View Post
ok.well my dad ordered a hammerhead 250ss.wooooo.he said maby for my b-day he will get me a new buggy.yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa booooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyy.i have a budget of 2300.i am looking at the helix and carbide.what should i get.wich one rides better?witch one is more durable.(i ride on hard core trails.)what one is more trail frendly.(i have some tigh trails.)wich one feals like it has more power? wich one is faster?witch one is a better value.witch one has more cabin room?