Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
Thanks Ckau, are they similar to these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/320mm-12-5-8...ht_5381wt_1397
I was thinking about grabbing a set, I just don't want something that's to tight on the front, my brother has some that are so tight that he is always on 3 wheels in the trails!

something better, I figure my budget will be around $80-90 bucks for a set.

T.J.
Those appear to be the same. the length is right and the so is the manufactor mark. I know very very little about these shock and at this point have done nothing with them other than get them mounted. The seller/distributor was nice enough to reply to my inquiry with what he knew about them, "25 to 35 lbs of air or nitrogin pressure and was rated @ 350 lbs each" and offering any assistance if I had any problems with them.
I don't know if or how well they will work for us. The price was right enough for me to use them for setup and experimentation.. Lets hope the seller shows the same enthusiasim as in his first e-mail if I reply about busted/crappy shocks.
Going back over e-bay I now see the market is flooded with these shocks. Seems like every sort of china parts vender on e-bay is selling them now. I don't know if that is a good sign or just some factory sales rep. offering some really crazy profit margin deals.
If your brother is lifting wheeels, he may not be tight enough