Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Those appear to be the same. the length is right and the so is the manufactor mark. I know very very little about these shock and at this point have done nothing with them other than get them mounted. The seller/distributor was nice enough to reply to my inquiry with what he knew about them, "25 to 35 lbs of air or nitrogin pressure and was rated @ 350 lbs each" and offering any assistance if I had any problems with them.
I don't know if or how well they will work for us. The price was right enough for me to use them for setup and experimentation.. Lets hope the seller shows the same enthusiasim as in his first e-mail if I reply about busted/crappy shocks.
Going back over e-bay I now see the market is flooded with these shocks. Seems like every sort of china parts vender on e-bay is selling them now. I don't know if that is a good sign or just some factory sales rep. offering some really crazy profit margin deals.
If your brother is lifting wheeels, he may not be tight enough
Yeah, I might just wait and see what you think about them before I push the buy button! lol

My brother's shocks are similar but he paid much less from an ebay liquidator, the ones you have are a much higher quality... I think the air cans are on his just for looks! adjusting them makes no difference. I don't know how they work, but he let all the air out and they still are tight. If I stand on the front of his buggy and jump they move about .5-1"! maybe 2" if I jump hard. If he rolls over a rock on one side then he is on 3 wheels for sure.

T.J.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.