Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
I have a set of those exact shocks I purchased for the front of my Blade 250, they were great shocks but only lasted one trip to St Joes @ the Buggy Bash. They started leaking and in short time they become worse then the stock ones I had taken off. It may have been a fluke but they seemed to hold up well until I hit the rough terrain then they blew out.
YEP! that's about what I expected to hear. A full set (4) cost me less than one of my Works. But they are intended for set up. There's nothing truer than that saying "you get what you pay for in off-road shocks" I'll blow at least a grand or better on just the shocks when it's all said and done. That's getting close to what I'll have invested in the rest of the build total but the shocks are whats going to make or literialy break this machine!
It doesn't matter how good the buggy looks , how much HP you got, how much the wheels cost... if you got to baby it down the trail it's all for nothing! Bad shocks will suck the life out of a chassis with the wear,tear and strain they inflict, not to mention the strain on your body!
I got no problem justifying this expense