Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
If you haven't already, add up everything you've spent on your $300 buggy --including things you already had and paid for in the past. free junk parts, well they're free, until you add in the materials to cut and clean them up. don't forget all the cutting, grinding, sanding, solvents/cleaners and paint. Thankfully i have 3 of them now to spread the costs s i move parts from one to the next to upgrade them up or down the line so the average total has dropped significantly. if i had to add in the value of my time ... well, ....
I've probably put in about <=$500 or so into my buggy, that's upgrades paint, parts, materials, and the trailtech vapor, so that's about 800 total... now add 1 grand for shocks! no way. lol. I don't baby it down the trails at all, but I also don't try to break it too much either. I just want to have fun, without breaking the bank.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.