Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Supporting Vendor

What about labor? Is your life not worth anything? When you purchase anything a large part of the price is labor. To define shocks " you can be as strong as an ox with a perfect heart and lung capacity, but your upper body is 2+ times more weight then your lower body and your knee's are underdeveloped or in need of replacement." Need I say anything more. The point of this is $1000.00 for shocks is not outragous, just go and price a stock shock for a 4 wheeler, they only use 3, then do the math. I have rebuilt several suspensions on atv's, bushings, joints, bearings, cv joints, ect but the shocks are usually declined on since they had not bugeted for them. They bought a 12 yr. old hard ridden atv. Two years later they will be back putting another 500+ into their atv mostly due to the bad shocks. Again do the math on this for they would of had another 12 yrs of hard ridding before replacing worn or broken parts but for declining on the shocks they got 2 years. The shocks are central to the suspension. It would be nice if a decent more economicle set were available for our buggies but they are not. Many have already tried other shocks off atv's or sled's. They will fill one gap but fall short on another. Just follow Metalstudmans thread and you can realise the thought that has to go into a steering suspension. Everything looks great in the head or on paper but then reality comes into play. When changing one aspect of design it will effect another. Shocks are no different once you understand their function and design in relationship to a particular front end or rear end design. rich1 said it best back a few threads when you figure the money paid and the honest labor spent this includes time spent searching e-bay or like for the perfect shock only to find it was not good, did not work ect. It turns out not such a deal unless of coarse one's life is worth nothing. But we all know everyones life is worth something and to some it is more then they realise. But realising lifes worth I believe only comes with age which is a natural accurence. So go back and figure all time spent on your buggy, put a price amount on what you feel you are worth per hour then add it all up. I'm sure you will conclude you have much more then $800.00 in your buggy.