View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Lurker

Default New guy from Eastern NC

So, it seems I tend to be a member of any forum that relates to one of my hobbies, and decided to join this page after reading through posts and seeing a lot of helpful people here.
I recently picked up a Kandi KD-150GKM from a guy who wanted my old lawn mower, he couldn't figure out why the buggy was so slow, since he had just replaced the belt. After some investigation, I found that the belt he put on was an 825-20-30, (which I believe is for long-case engines) and it was slapping around inside the case. I ordered a Gates Powerlink Kevlar 743-20-30 for it, which will be here today. From what I've read, I have a short-case GY6. I've already replaced the variator and roller weights, but the header pipe actually snapped while removing the muffler, but I'll be fabricating a new one this weekend before riding it...
Just a little background, I'm a Defense Contractor in Eastern NC, and have a small shop setup where I like to tinker and experiment with things, in fact I should have my powdercoating system up and running soon, to compliment my sandblasting setup.

If anyone has any tips/tricks for known issues with the Kandi, feel free to chime in!

buggy.jpg