Thread: need belt help
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Lurker

Default Thanks!

I have finally realized that the link you keep sending me is gold and that is is much more than a belt reference chart! I did wind up taking the whole thing down to a mechanic at a motorcycle, jetski, etc, place and told him to go through, clean, and dry lube both clutches, and adjust the brakes, and just look at anything else potentaily wrong as well. I love to wrench on this sort of thing, but when its my 9 yr olds, i will pay to have it done right. I could never live with myself if she got out in traffic, hit a tree or a friend, ect...At this point the mechanic even said after a test drive that it scared him to death too. hardly any brakes, having to pull the brake pedal back to disengage brakes, jerking, barking the tires, and vibrations everywhere even at wot going down the street. My wife described the look of terror my daughter had when she took her for a spin and all this happened plus smoke bellowing from the belt when it strted to take off. I dont expect a cadillac ride from a buggy, but even the steering seems loose and raw. speaking of steering, the turn radius absolultly sucks on this thing. I guess it is a saftey thing so someone wont jerk the wheel to full lock at wot and flip it.