Thread: need belt help
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Lurker

I have taken pics but have not dumped them from camera yet. i will try to do that tonight. You are right that when I stand behind the cart I can see that the alighnment is slightly off, but just a little bit though. I probably didn't come exactly straght forward when i moved the motor mounts. I must have skewed the slots a bit to the driver side as i cut forward. I dont know how close it has to be but it is obviously far enough off to cause probs. I have the new 5959 manco belt coming. It is the original designed belt for my machine, so maybe I will get lucky just go back to the original mounting location. --- This just in. I just started to tear into it to re-align everything before the belt arrives, and just for fun i decided to re-measure the belt that came with it again. took the old belt off and measured it twice (in the daylight and with no beer). The o.c. is now 29 3/8"! Not the 27 3/8" that i measured before (go figure). Seems the D.A. that owned it before simply put the wrong belt on it! I cant belive i went through the trouble of moving the motor forward for the wrong belt. This means that maybe I did get lucky, and just go back to the original mounting location. No more misalighnment probs. I dont feel bad about having it in the shop because it still needed brakes tightened, and clutches cleaned and lubed. I feel like a total boob for not measuring the belt that was on it two or three times in the daylight and not aggravated or drinking.... I will keep you posted

Last edited by damnpablo; 07-27-2011 at 03:55 PM.