View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Lurker

Have (or had) that same problem.....my buggy is bone stock.

I went to clean my carb last night.....the main jet cleaned up real fine (still gonna replace it). But the pilot.....that was a little harder, and I suspect I still didn't clean it very well. The pilot jet has a very small hole down....and you need a VERY fine wire to get the gunk out of it. I used a stiff wire from my steel wire brush of all things....and finally after using a hand drill to spin the pilot jet I got it cleaned out (atleast to get it to run).

I am getting new jets tomorrow and I am going to also look at the electric choke, as that may be part of my issue too.

In my case, the buggy has been sitting for 5 years with a blown motor.....so the carb was REALLY dirty!! Heck, I may end up just buying a new carb for $40 or so.

As far as your CDI......the CDI you bought looks like an AC, which is common....You may however need a DC CDI (not so common). ON your plugs.....you have a 4 wire and 2 wire plug. On a DC set up.....the 2 wire plug will only have 1 wire.

I'm somewhat new with buggies....but old with finding info on the net and am an old time motor head. From what I am reading.....I believe my info is correct on the CDI thing.