View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Contributor

I have ridden dirt bikes for a while and never liked ridding quads or three wheelers, maybe because when I was 13 I flipped my friends 185s Honda 3 wheeler. We were racing around the block that was half way developed for homes to see who had the fastest time. The next day it was my turn and I wanted to go first, this was after school so we didn't know that the end of the street a 4ft deep 3ft wide trench was dug for water lines/sewer pipes. I was going all out thinking for sure this was going to be the time to beat, had the three wheeler out wide sliding into the corner and my eyes got big when I saw the trench and it was too late and thought I could float over it so stayed on the throttle. Last second I hit the brakes and hit the ditch and did a 1/2 flip and saved the three wheeler with my back and head. The stars came out and my ear was ringing and bleeding (no helmet). As I lay curled up in a ball trying not to cry both my friends come running towards me and then past me to look at the wrecked 3 wheeler. All my friend could say is my dad is going to kick my butt you bent the handle bars.

So I guess that is why I like the buggys due to the seat belts and safety cage. I know it isn't that strong but better than nothing. As for a helmet I wear one all the time except for the time I was filming my wife and son ridding at 10 miles an hour.