View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 11:30 PM
Lurker

Default Kandi 150cc performance

Hey guys I have a kandi buggy with a 1p57qmj. I got it bellowing smoke so after a ton of research I bought a jug and piston. Well in my typical fashion I ordered the wrong one so I was only able to use the piston. I put it all together set the valves and ended up with 150 psi. Id like more but I guess that's what I get for ordering the wrong jug. I also bought new 10g rollers and a yellow spring because the original rollers were trashed.

Now that you have a back story on to my questions. I am somewhat disappointed in the performance of this buggy. It pulls off the line ok nothing special it doesnt even come close to spinning tires. If I put it against a 7" curb it goes over but it definitely has to wind up for a second before hopping it. I took it onto a flat road and and it seemed to accelerate pretty well and then it just hit a wall at 28 and that was it. It wasnt even close to rev limiter it was like it either ran out of power or ran into a cvt issue. So is their an issue with my buggy or is all of that normal.

I would love to get it to go 40 but I dont know if thats even possible with the gy6. I was also having trouble finding parts for my motor my head is heli coiled but a replacement head seems hard to come by and because I have a P im not sure what cam I could use.

Anyway I rambled enough so basically I am just looking to find out if my setup seems to be running ok and what options do I have and what can I expect out of it.

Thanks