View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:56 PM

With the UNI installed now, have you tried adjusting your idle air screw?

Count how many turns (and partial turns) IN until it lightly seats and record that.

Then put it back to where it was set and try adjusting it up and down 1/4 turn until you get your highest RPM at idle (on a warm engine)

See what works best. You may find you might need to rejet the pilot as noted above.

If you feel there is little to no difference, you can set it back to where it originally was at with no harm or $$$ spent.

I run a NCY CDI on mine. It doesn't seem to do much over stock, but it does make it idle slightly smoother.

One of the mods I think did help mine on the bottom end was the performance pulley. It's advertised to gain more top speed (which didn't seem to be the case for me), however, I did notice a better take off with it. I already had the sliders installed too.

OH, and the biggest performance gain I noticed was port matching the carb to intake manifold, intake manifold to head, and head to exhaust pipe. It's amazing how far off those pieces can be due to mass production. Once again, costs NOTHING to do this and made a big difference in stock engine performance.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........

Last edited by xlint89; 07-23-2017 at 09:01 PM.