View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator

In the first pic, the bottom item comes from the valve cover and goes to your air box. You just can't see where it goes because the nipple for it sits right below the cross bar. So look behind the carb (behind being closest to the back of the buggy) and follow it to the air box. If you are standing behind the buggy, it is on the left side of the face of the air box that faces the rear seat. Again, it is kinda hidden below the cross bar.

The top one in pic 1 if I remember right goes to nothing. It is in fact for the A.I.R. system. The others looked fine.

The carbs they put on the zircon are a PITA from our personal experience.

When the machine is cold, if you even attempt to touch the gas, it will die. You HAVE to let it warm up at idle for a few minutes and gradually feather your way into the gas until it has reached its warm up point (usually when the electric choke wears off). Fortunately on a Zircon, since it is an ASW machine you have neutral! This makes warming it up a little easier cause you can flutter the gas without worrying about it going anywhere. When I say flutter I mean rapidly just barely giving it a little gas until it finally "takes". Then you are good. If for any reason you have the idle set to high, you may have a problem because that will simulate that you are giving it gas...which as mentioned you can't do until it gets a little warmer. It takes a few times to get it warmed up. Don't be surprised if it runs for a few seconds and then dies. Then you do it again..and again...etc until it is warm enough that you can give it gas.