View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Tom? do you have the results of these events? ET's, classes, motor size?
I read the results of the hare scramble on BN. The times posted between the 150 class and 250 were ridicules close. I'm curious as why I thought it made a statement in the debate over which motor size is a better performer.
Well going through the numbers the time keepers either had initials or I could not read the names but I did have the classes catagorized. The 150's were running in the stock 8's , 150 mods high 7's Bam mid 7's but he was smoking pretty good and much worse on Sat, funnyman was working on his so he did not run the trials and my best time mid 6's and worst low 7's. The 250 stock ran very close to but not as fast as the 150 mods. Rich had the best time in 250 mod with mid 6's I run a miserable mid to high 8's since it sounded like a hot air popcorn popper down the 300". On Saturday in the kids class only 2 competators Gabe, Sockmans son won 1st, and Ashley I believe Bam's youngest won 2nd on her little 4 wheeler and she was a site to watch since she raced with a profile of a 20 year old . There was only 1 in stock 150 Jason won 1st place, in 150 mod Kyle won 1st and Brett won 2nd. In 150 super mod Funnyman was down with a tore up starter clutch and my exhaust broke at the head on the way to the track so I was out. Bam's daughter Mckalah (sorry if I botched the name) won first, in 250 stock Misty won first place and Calvin Jonny's son won 2nd, In 250 mod Funnyman won 1st running my 250, Rich come in 2nd and Sockman 3rd. In the big boy/ ladies class Kearney was 1st with his 500 HH J-Bird 2nd with his 500 Joyner and Teresa(Mrs. Funnyman 3rd with the 650 Joyner. Just a note on Friday when my challenger was missing down the 300' I got back to camp and played with the carb and it seemed to run better but I just drove it in short spirts around the camp road, I figured it was fixed since it did not pop on quick acceloration. I had a bad battery that I had to keep jumping off.Saturday morn, my battery was not taking charge so Funnyman let me use his battery out of his 150. Needless to say he won first, wish I had times of those runs. Sunday morn I give him his batt back and mine took about half charge. I loaded it on the trailer and drove it off when I got home. When I went to move it to my shop it just would not go due to popping and no power I had to keep jumping it off. While I had the jumper cables on it it would take off fine until I disconnected the cables then it would just pop and again had no power to even move forward. I found out today my Stator is bad, it charges ok. The coil that supplies the spark is bad. So if your buggy won't run without a battery check the stator coil that supplies spark.