View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Got the motor pulled from the bike & started the process of seeing what it'll take to fit in the Hammerhead. I dangled the motor in the engine compartment and started cutting obstructions out of the way-CFMoto engine mounts ,floor shifter supports,ect.... I figured I'd show my inexpensive engine hoist - $50. HF winch, boat winch base bolted to the floor with a spare battery to power it. I use this to pull buggies up my ramps into the elevated shop as I don't have the muscle to man handle them anymore by myself, it lifts motors pretty easily too.
I cut 2 of the horizontal supports from the center-behind the seat area (to be re-welded later) to ease positioning of the motor.My criteria is as low as possible for center-of gravity & dodge any maintenance items. The only thing I had to manipulate around was the sway arm and the engines oil filter/drain plug. Those 2 items dictated the front to rear position. The HH shifter arm brackets got cut off and moved/used for motor mounts on the new motor (exisiting shifter won't work on this type motor). I confirmed that the exhaust would fit & be serviceable later, that meant I need to lower one of the horizontal tubes removed earlier but shouldn't effect the structure. I work alone -as you can see I have lots of helpers- clamps, adjustable bungie cords. I used a 3/8" nylon rope thru the engine mounts to ease leveling the engine by just sliding the rope in the "S" hook/engine mounts.Engine only weighs 94 lbs. FYI- document the position of the replacement engine before removal(if it's not out already) to know how to set it in the buggy- see if the manufacturers name is level or find a surface you can level- this will ensure the floats in the carb will be correct when you're done.I did set the seats I intend on using (new take-off's from a Polaris slingshot to verify clearances from engine & exhaust- It's close ! may need a heat shield.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (36.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (31.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (50.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (35.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (53.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (57.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (41.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by metalstudman1; 03-07-2021 at 02:54 AM.