View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Power User

Well, maybe the Third time will be the charm ...

Managed to get it all together, skipped my sprocket swap and did a short jetting session that got me close, but not right on, then loaded up and rolled.

Saturday morning saw me still putting on the panels, extra "windshields" swapping out a couple bolts that i didn't have anything decent for (a trip to Ace on the way up). Gave the crazy loose chains a shot of lube and it was race time LOL.

At the start, i don't know if the clutches needed some heat or what, (cold night up in the mtns) but the first couple little bumps had it bogged. after that, no problem. well, at least not of that sort.

While i got off the line quick, of course the razors etc. smoked me down the straight, which i expect the first up 180 loop area where i stall is so washed out compared to last year, it isn't funny. DEEP, rain channels through there could swallow a tire, so everyone had to really pick their way through it. after that, the normal rough stuff and i manage to make my first pass of someone in my class. (stock razor xp)

but of course moments later a downed tree branch sprung me into a little trap that ended up with my weak reverse cable mangled and useless, meaning i had to get out and manually change if i needed it. both fade outs are of spots where i lost tons of time screwing with the reverse.

Since my race as far as moving up from last in class was done, i decided to just hammer it pretty hard. got through all the rough stuff and had some fun with the faster sections (about 12 minutes into the video) before the trans started acting up and finally left me stuck with no gears about 5 miles into the 7.5.

Despite that she came through pretty much unscathed but for some pretty big hits on the a-arm bashguards, which did their job. without the stops to screw with reverse, pace was pretty much where it needs to be to be competitive. Brakes, got new pads, but there was a little seepage where the bolt goes in the master. however, they worked well enough for the race. I still have to make sure the seepage wasn't spill from the master coming down the hose.

24 minutes long, new mount location --- better in some ways, but i really wanted a good view of the front suspension at work. that's the one bad thing about GPs, can't really preview your frame view.

Enjoy some bobble head X at it again!

http://youtu.be/_d1jQKOqLVM

Some pics of the front end work ...
set it up so i can fit 18" floats in the front. May go with the same in the rear, as i can get up to 24" ones back there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kaw3967.jpg (91.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3965.jpg (86.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3970.jpg (94.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3968.jpg (92.2 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 09-23-2013 at 06:35 AM.