View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Why did you get rid of the factory carb? American sportworks carbs are unique. Don't know why...I am guessing because of whoever their manufacturer is. They start with a 114 which is typically lean to begin with. Adding a uni (with the tube), an FMF slip on, and an A11 cam with a performance CDI required a whopping 150 main jet. Yep you read that right...a 150. BUT... this is nly with an American Sportworks factory carb. If you try to jet that much on just about any other catb I've used it would choke out.

So:

1.) Where's your factory carb at and why arent you still using it?
2.) What mods do you have?
3.) what jets came in the new carb and whats in it now?
4.) Remember that some of these buggies are pig headed untill they get off thenchoke. What happens if you let it idle and warm up for a solid 5 mins+? Can you work your way into the gas by feathering the gas?
5.) When it dies, if immediately afterwards you give it a shot of carb cleaner does it fire? (I.e. It was starving and you fed it)
6.) American Sportworks uses DC based CDI boxes where most others use AC. Is your new CDI box a DC CDI? Probably wouldn't run with AC based but figured I would ask.
7.) When it dies, immediately afterwards check for spark.
8.) Got a timing light? If so put it on it and hit thentrigger and see if you are losing spark just prior to it dying.

Report back your findings.