View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Contributor

Thanks for the encouraging words guys, I do plan to build it once the weather warms up so I can get out there in the evenings. This project was the reason I had asked in the side by side forum about the dimensions of a Razor or Rino. I was just curious about the width of the rear end and the seating area. If you look at the pic of the tail end of the 2 seater I posted it has stock width rear axles and suspension. It appears they just widened from the seating area forward and then came back with an addition tubing to tie in the rear so the cage would look right. IMO this is good and bad.

The good is you can use all the stock axles and suspension as a direct bolt on and not have to worry about lengthening the rear axles. The bad is you are stuck with the paltry 6 inches of rear suspension travel. Unlike a Pilot that uses CV joints, 350 Odys use U joints on the rear axles and when you exceed the factory droop they will bind and ultimatly break the axle and take out the shock in the process. If I widen the rear axles I can possibly pick up a few more inches of rear travel but then the buggy would exceed my 60" rear width goal.

Anyhow.. Just thinking out loud. It should be a fun little project & I will know a little more once I finally get going on it.