View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Contributor

Thank you for the kind words Acefab.

I worked on the Side by Side for about 3 hours yesterday afternoon & worked out the parking brake issue by making a small little connector piece out of some small round bar that basically extends the cable. The nice thing is the handle is still in the factory location and not only looks correct but has easy access from outside of the buggy.

I built all the brake lines Friday evening but unfortunately I can not get the rear brakes too bleed. They have been going away for sometime on the donor Ody and I think after 27 years the Master Cylinder finally gave up the fight. I ordered a rebuild kit for the master cylinder but with waiting on the parts to be shipped, I think this will put a damper on getting to take it out this coming weekend for it's maiden voyage.

Since I hit a wall with the brakes I went ahead and installed the engine, gas tank, exhaust etc.... I had to lengthen the wiring harness since I lengthened the frame so I wanted to double check to see that everything still worked. I am happy to say that it only needed to turn over for about 5 seconds before it came to life.

I still need to build the shifter mount, but with the engine in I now know exactly what room I have to work with. I will need too run into town this week and buy some 3/4 OD tubing so I can extend the right Tie Rod and that should complete the steering. I still need to finish weld the top of the cage and add a small support in the middle so I can bolt the toppers on in the middle of the cage. Also need to widen the net that goes behind your head and a few other small things including the front floor, but it seems to be coming together pretty smooth.