View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Contributor

The new rear tires made a huge difference in the way the Side by Side handled the deep sand hills, but I think I may yank them back off and replace them with a smaller set of 24x11x10 Bear Claws. The tires on it now are pretty tall compared to the others and they made it a bit little sluggish out of the hole, so until I can come up with a Power Bloc Clutch, I better stick with a stock height tire. I have this new set of 24x11x10 bear claws I bought for my Pilot and only ran one day before pulling them off to go back to the Mud lites. IMHO these just don't hook as well as the ITPs, but they should be fine on the Side by Side.

The cooling fan I added too blow right above the exhaust bridge seemed too really help keep the top end temps down, we didn't notice any power fade from heat soak.

My wife rode the Side by Side most of the day Saturday and now claims it's her favorite of our buggies. I need to build a cooler rack for the roll cage so we can take an Ice chest with us on the longer family rides with the kids, and would still love to swap the shocks but, all in all this little project has been a huge success.