View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Not sure why you done your reverse support like that. The reverse box should be supported by the engine for the reverse box will move with the engine. As I see it, with the rev box supported ti the frame every time the engine moves it will put the stress on the frame. You should have got 2 brackets with the reverse setup. The large bracket will almost be y shaped. The wide end of the bracket will be cut with a inward radius and 2 holes drilled into it. This end bolts to the reverse box. The other end will have a single hole in which the second bracket bolts to. The other end of the small bracket will bolt to the threaded boss right below the dip stick. This allows the reverse box move with the engine. The other thing I would do that all other buggies with the 150 GY6 have but the yerf dog did not is a rubber insulator on that rear adjustment. Where the top nut is on the rear adjuster just under it, is a metal cup similar to a freeze plug which has a rubber insulator inside the cup with a thick washer over the rubber than the nut. It does not look like you have that. I know my Yerf does not have that. The Yerf was bad about cracking that rear bar and I think that adding that rev. brkt. as you did does not help matters. If I have lost you than just give me a call and I can explain in words much better than with 2 fingers. I will try to take a picture of the bracket and how it mounts. The other thing the yerf was known for was cracking the rear housing of the engine. Brands such as the Kinroad, HH, Carter and many Roketa's had a 2 piece brace that clamped around the rear of the engine housing which distributes the forces 360 degrees instead of all the force at the rear of that case. I would redo your reverse support the correct way then get a good clean weld on that crack making sure you have total penetration than grind the weld smooth and you will never know it was cracked, then install that insulator on the rear adjuster.