View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Heavy Contributor

Well, I'm sure it could be worse. But Ckau is correct. With the 5 points in there, there is a great improvement. When the mount brackets on the seat broke, and basically had to do everything I could to keep myself in the seat. Needless to say, beat the hell out of me. And why wanted to get it fixed ASAP. Not only was it unsafe. But my god, you was sore just after a few mins of driving. The 5 points are mounted to frame, so even if you did take a spill, the belts would keep you inside the buggy. But had to do a lot of work, to keep your self in position, so you could drive it.
Would have loved to put a better set of seats in it. But $ flow just not there to do something like that. And this summer, if O.T. does come in good, than will look into "Work Shock".
Few years back, wife bought some driving pads for her explorer when she makes the trip to Texas to visit her family. They are now being used in the seats of the buggy. Must say there is a great improvement. Put one on the seat, and one behind your lower back, and the ride is far more improved.
The location of where the top straps come over your shoulder with the 5 points is a great improvement with the new seat.