View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 09:27 AM
Heavy Contributor

Well. got the new axle, and hubs. Wife drove the crap out of it, taking the kids around. She might bitch about putting money into it, and me working on it. But in the end, she spent about 2 hrs straight on it, give other kids a ride. Then she complained the next day how her back hurt. I just had to laugh. I told her to use that extra cussion. But since kids already sat on it, and was wet. She didn't want to use it. Bet she will listen next time.

However, was short lived. Next day, wife took daughter out for a quick run, and my daughter told mom to slow down. She heard something. After a few feet, wife said she could hear something different also. Daughter told mom, to take it back to me, and go very slow. So they limped back to me. My daughter said it sounded metal on metal.
I knew right away, what it was. And when I looked, sure enough, the tranni drain plug came out.
Told them, buggy was done for the day. Well for a while anyway. My wife, was impressed how my 9 year old daughter noticed right away that something was wrong. And knew what to do right away. Tell the truth, I was impressed with her also. Kids do listen now and again.

So that said, not sure what to do. Should I try to re-tap the hole, and use a different plug or bolt?
Or should I go into one of my other engines and rob a case off them?
Think I'd rather re-tap it, just to save time. I think?? or could that just be
another temp fix, and should I just replace that end of the case?

I guessing, after the plug dropped. They might have went a few hundred yards with it. It was babied, when it was drove back. When I loaded it on the trailer. I couldn't hear any gear grinding. Thoughts on, if should be OK?

Or should I just tear it open, take a look at everything, and just replace the case?

Think after this, other then the frame, there isn't a piece on this YD that isn't upgraded, newly replaced, or mod'ed in some way.

Was kind of down about it. Seems like doing a lot of repairs out of the gate this year on the YD. Had some outdoor lights I bought a while back for the YD, just for fun. Plus when sun goes down, will make it easier to keep an eye on the kids. So while kids was content out swimming, I got some old speaker wire, and black tape, and see what I could do with those lights. Took Blue, and red strips above the legs, on lower end of the front tubing. Then put some blue strips on lower front frame, and red on lower back. Will need to clean the wiring up, and get some heat shrink. Will need to zip tie them to the lower part of frame. But does look pretty cool at night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160603_213525.jpg (94.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20160603_213606.jpg (85.2 KB, 21 views)