View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 01:09 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks Tk! Found the problem......me! Haha.....

Couple months ago we took it to Renegade Ridge in Ohio and my stator (upgraded / 8 pole) got chewed up by a rock / mud. When I got home, I just threw the OEM 6 pole stator back on...... low and behold, the 8 pole & 6 pole are actually 2 different diameters. The 8 pole stator includes a larger (internal size) bell housing , so the 6 pole stator probably wasn't charging at all. I ordered a new 8 pole from BD but they sent me a bell housing for a 6 pole stator..... I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why the 8 pole stator wouldn't fit in the "new" housing - that's when I discovered the difference in internal diameters.

I was thinking about buying a Mikuni carb, but decided to get a new intake boot for the original carb. Good thing since my original boot was missing the oring by the head.

Haven't had a chance to properly test the buggy yet, but just starting it up and revving it a little bit it seems to run 10x better than before. We will find out for sure this week.....