View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Lite Contributor

Thank you for your response. The plastic box that contains that big bunch of wires/components had been broken and duct taped back together; also, the whole assembly had broken off the frame member it was welded to. There appears to be little damage to the contents of that box other than a couple of scraped wires. I just have no idea of what each item is in there, it looks like a complicated arrangement, was somewhat dirty and had spider webs inside. I want to at least check the valve clearance and all the wiring I can find, especially the starter/ignition system, then install the new battery and see what happens. With my luck, I may get some smoke signals telling me it's messed up. I have no idea how to check many of the electronic components as directed in some of the info I found on the 'net. The engine oil is very clean, as is the valve assembly, and the air filters look very clean. I'm also worried about that valve under the fuel tank; I can't get air through either line in either direction.