View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyMike34 View Post
mb...2 things...
I have a red 2000rpm spring-didn't like it at all. Too much lag to spool up the 2000rpm. Definite pedal delay-NOT GOOD!

I have one for sale if you really want it. About 8 hours on it.
Also, the A10 cam is junk in your opinion? Curious why you say that. I had one in my Carter Talon 155(CVT mods etc.)and the A10 was a killer! So much so that I bought another and it is brand new waiting to be put in.
Just curious.
The lag is due to you having the red clutch springs, which from what i understand take near 3000 full rpm to flip the clutch out depending on your buggies idling rpm. The clutch spring rpm is is supposedly added on top of your idling rpm and is supposed to give you your clutch engagement. This is believable as i have the 1500rpm springs and my clutch doesnt engage until over 2000rpm. I have to change mine back to the stock springs as it burnt through my new bell pretty fast. You may want to check yours. Mine is a very dark purple and only had maybe 4 or 5 hours of riding time on it. The main spring only keeps you in low longer for supposed better torque. Im not so much down on the A10, i am just lookin for ways to squeeze some more low end out of the buggy. I can hit 45 with my setup, but would be happier with more torque and maybe a top speed of 40 or so.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust