View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Large Bodied 150cc

I'd love to tell you what brand this is but it's not really branded. What I can tell you is that it appears to be made by Kandi which is the same maker of the Roketa 250 that we had which turned out to be less than desireable. This one is a little bit different.

All indications are that it is a very well built machine physically. For big/tall guys, this is a pretty good choice because it has a lot of cabin space and will accomodate many different size people including the bigger drivers. It scores high on our "looks" scale. Definately one of the cooler looking machines that we have owned. Something we have never seen before this machine is that it actually has metal rear fenders. That's a plus to us as these will be awefully hard to break when compared to the standard plastic ones found on most machines.

Something that is very noticeable about this machine is not only is it very big physically, but along with that comes a lot of weight. This thing is heavy. This gives it a couple pros and a couple cons.

Because of the size and weight, this machine is probably the best riding machine we have owned to date. The seats are very plush in it too which adds to this effect. Very comfortable machine to drive.

A drawback to that weight is a poor power to weight ratio. Ya...rides and looks great but because it weighs so much, it is under powered with the 150cc engine. Would be great with a 250 or bigger in it. It is not necessarilly a slug however I think all of the other machines that we have had will outrun it across the board. This machine is one that would definately benefit from mods. The clutch / variator mods alone would likely make this a different machine all together.

The suspension and handling are excellent on it. Has a very wide stance and large shocks in the front with standard shocks in the rear. Corners better than pretty much any other machine we have had. That suspension adds to the excellent ride qualities.

Brakes are standard issue two disks up front, one in the rear. I should also mention that this particular buggy is one of the 2-bolt valve cover engines. The engine is very quiet too.

This buggy has a speedometer in kph, horn, turn signals and four headlights (vs the standard 2 found on most) however the speedo doesn't work, nor to the turn signals. We haven't diagnosed those just yet.

Another unique thing about this buggy is that the engine cage is removable via it's bolt-on nature. Excellent candidate for a swap with a large four wheeler engine. We'll see.....

Pros: Excellent looks and ride quality
Cons: Under powered

Overall BuggyMasters Rating: 6 out of 10