View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Lite Contributor

ok, so today I cleaned up the master REALLY good today and my cylinders are going in and out very well, I slapped on the pin rings, screwed it back on to the buggy and filled the reservoir. So now time to bleed the brakes, right? Didn't really know what I was doing, but from what I read its pretty simple. open bleed screw, press brake pedal, close bleed screw, release pedal. Repeat, Open, push, close, release, open, push, close, release. I know not to release while its open, But I wasn't sure how long to do this, process. The obvious is "until the air stops coming out." So I started out on the rear brake since I KNEW they worked before I started any of this. I opened the screw, pressed (fluid came out with a bubble or two) closed screw and released the pedal. And repeated a few times. First I didn't know how much to take the screw out, also after a few times somtimes the fluid would shoot out, some time just a little bit with some fizzy bubble. sometimes no noticeable air. I did notice that there was a little suction noise when I would open the screw again. Really need some help with this procedure. On the other hand, When I tried one of the front brakes (which didn't work to begin with because the piston was stuck) and when the screw was open the the pedal pressed there was no fluid coming out at all, I tried it a few times and nothing, I pulled the screw all the way out and it was pretty nasty looking. So instead of wasting time I moved to the back. -_- this is starting to become more and more of a failed project. Thanks for all the help guys!