View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 04:56 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake View Post
That's pretty much my ride right there but SunL branded. I've seen these body types branded Kandi, Roketa, Kinroad, and GIO. Zhejiang Mengdeli Co. in China mass produces these, and the aforementioned compainies slap their logo on 'em. I'm biased because I own one of these, but I'd go 7.5 maybe 8 outta 10! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLESTAK75 View Post
I think that mine is a cheap knockoff of this one. The MXR Trailbender 160cc "racing" go kart. They said it only had the 58.5 head but I think it has head and bore. I agree that it has no climbing power. Mine has 16/32 sprockets. It goes near 40mph flat out until you hit a hill then all the speed fade quickly. I already went with 1500rpm contra and lighter rollers. Haven't tested on the road yet but on stands both pullies had full range of motion so seems like ill still have top speed, just hope this gives me better pull. I'll get the uni filter, orange cdi and coil, a12 cam, port and polish, iridium plug...I think I'll be real happy with it then. It came with some really crappy welds. The throttle connector broke on the first ride, its been rigged ever since. The front fenders didn't last too long. The round pipe they were made of was pinched flat where they connected to the body and that didn't hold up well at all. I plan to add some metal to some of the crucial welds so I don't have wheels flying off in the middle of a ride. All in all I like it. I will post some pics soon, as the one I put up was generic from killermotorsports where I bought it. That's all I've got to say about that.
Is my go kart the same basic model as these?
I made a thread for it here:
my 2015 150cc TAOTAO Targa 150 thread: experiences, etc

I bought it from this place in Brighton, Michigan.
They've been there 7 years, nice to view so many models on lot, try them out, etc before buying.
http://www.wmsbrighton.com/category_s/1845.htm

Here is the distributor website:
http://taotao.us/index.cfm/go-karts/targa150/
Quote:
Specifications

Targa150
Engine:
Engine Type: 150CC, Air cooled, 4-stroke, 1-cylinder, automatic with reverse
Start Type: Electric start
Transmission: Chain Drive
Max Torque: 9.3N.m/5500r/min
Engine Gear: D-N-R (Fully Automatic with reverse)
Shift Gear: Hand
Wheelbase: 75 Inches (1892mm)
Ignition: CDI
Fuel Capacity: 1.6 Gal (6 L)
Chassis:
Front Foot Brake: Hydraulic Disc
Rear Foot Brake: Hydraulic Disc
Tire Front: 21x7-10
Tire Rear: 22x11-10
Front Suspension: Dua A-arms type
Rear Suspension: Single Arm type
remote control(Yes/No): No
Speed Limiter(Yes/No): Yes
Engine kill switch(Yes/No): Yes
Dimension:
Battery: 12V 9Ah(Included)
G.W.(lbs): 638 LBS (290 Kgs)
N.W.(lbs): 528 LBS (240 Kgs)
Max Loading: <=320 LBS (160 Kgs)
Overall Size: 96 x 59 x 62 Inches (2450x1510x1580 mm)
Carton Size(inch): 91 x 51 x 24 Inches (2300 x 1300 x 600 mm)
Ground Clearance: 5.9 Inches (150 mm)