View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Lurker

Thank you for your reply. I have attached a pic of the side of the carb. Those are the only markings on it. Looks to be a generic $20 carb from eBay. When I opened it up to clean it it had a #90 main jet. Thought it was odd so I swapped it out for a 120. My 150s run 125s and the 250 does well with a 130. I figured 120 was a good starting point. Although from what I understand that alone shouldn't keep it from at least starting. Or wanting to. I also removed the intake "manifold" and the gasket that goes on the head looked bad and brittle so I swapped that out with a new much rounder one. I was hoping it was sucking air from there causing my problem but no luck. All it does is turn over. When I cover the carb opening partially with my hand the engine sounds a bit different. Like it picks up speed turning over if that makes any sense. As stated before I can clearly see a spark both if I touch the spark plug thread to muffler And if I just hold spark close to muffler I can see it jump to muffler. Hope I make sense. Sorry if I write a lot in just trying to paint a full picture of what I've done and tried. I also squirted a bit of fuel in the spark plug hole and replaced spark plug. Cranked it like before. And this time after a few seconds it made a backfire type sound out of the muffler. Just one quick "boom". But that was it. Just kept turning over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.2 KB, 11 views)