View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Supporting Vendor

The carb looks to be a Chinese copy of a Keihn. Your carb is marked with a K and standard of Japan. The Keihn carb will be marked Keihn Japan. It could be your carb. After trying to start, pull the plug and see if it is wet. It could be your getting too much gas. You cannot compare the CV carb like used on the 150 to this slide carb. To tune a CV carb there are only 2 mods to make and that is main jet and pilot jet. On a slide carb to tune you have the main and pilot jets but you also have the needle jet and jet needle, slide and needle/seat. I have no idea what the setup of this carb is or the setup on the original carb which I'm not 100% correct but I believe it was a slide carb as well. Just recently I replaced the carb on a Kawasaki 250. It was a Mikuni carb 26mm. It was built specially for Kawasaki and is slightly different from the standard VM-26 Mikuni. The replacement carb only available through Kawasaki was almost 400.00 so I went with the VM-26 Mikuni. Could not get it to start so I played with jeting and got it to run but it blew black smoke and choked at high throttle. Long story short is I had to reduce the size of the needle/seat than rejet.Go to Keihn's web site and try to identify one of their carbs to yours. Once you find their model like yours they should have a parts breakdown of that carb. Compare your parts with theirs to see if they might interchange, than look for and download a tune up manual for that model carb. Usually Keihn will have either the manual or a link to one. But first we need to know if after trying to start, is the plug wet? If just the electrode is wet it should fire if you have a good spark. If the porcelain and threads are wet as well than you have too much fuel to fire off.

Last edited by SYCARMS; 04-09-2016 at 09:55 AM.