View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Contributor

Can't claim credit for the idea, but it works great. Just remember that you do not use any tools when you are turning the choke on and off, even the lock nut. Choke is off with the bolt screwed in until it stops. Choke is on when you screw the bolt out a few turns (you don't take the bolt out).

Unscrew the choke assembly. Be careful not to damage the O-ring. Both of mine were easy to take apart. (PIC 1)

Next you will have to remove the electrical connector. It will come out without cutting. You will need to lift the lower one up a little to miss the catch when pulling it out. (PIC 2)

This is what it will look like apart. (PIC 3)

Now drill a hole thru the top of the housing. I used a 5/16 NF, to get the most threads in the plastic. Then just tap it so the threads are nice. (PIC 4)

This is what it looks like with the bolt installed. I added a lock nut to hold the bolt. (PIC 5)

This is the completed manual choke (PIC 6)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elec choke 1-1.jpg (81.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Elec choke 2.jpg (89.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Elec choke 3.jpg (47.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Elec choke 4.jpg (91.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Elec choke 5.jpg (87.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Elec choke 6.jpg (87.3 KB, 29 views)

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.