View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Lurker

Default Almost there...

I've done quite a bit of work in the last week, and I've gotten to the point that only the electrical is holding me up.

I have one connector that I'm pretty sure goes to the regulator, but the connectors don't match. This is the regulator I got with the new motor, and it is a 6 pin connector with 5 wires.

This is the connector that I'm pretty sure it goes to, but it is 4 pins..

I did find a 4 pin regulator on ebay for $10... http://www.ebay.com/itm/320893888047...S:3160&vxp=mtr

1: The question here is, do I cut off the connectors and just splice the wires together? If so, which wire do I leave off? (I'm assuming probably the pink, but I know you can't always count on the wire colors being accurate) Or should I just order the 4 pin regulator from ebay?

2: I don't have any battery cables. I bought some wire and connectors, so do I just run the negative to the frame, and the positive to the positive on the starter relay?

3: Lastly, I think I know where all these wires go, but I'm not sure what order...

The wire I have looped is the for the brake safety switch. The red and black goes to the start button (does it matter which post?) And the one with 3 wires goes to the kill switch.. Does that matter which wire goes on which post?

I'm actually getting excited because I'm getting pretty close to being able to fire this thing up!

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Last edited by Luckyhermit; 11-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.