View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

It's hard to say- I'm glad it's raining!!! Now it's not playing in the dirt all afternoon with no buggy modifications happening. I started to make the drive portion of the build to verify it'll appear to work, Not every brainfart turns out to be a working idea!!! I go to drill the first hole in the backer plate and my 30+ yr. old drill press smokes the motor- Spent a day shopping for a good used drill press (an old HEAVY unit). Lucked up and a friends granfather had a barely used one for a $100. with a nice vise and some bits
Then the die grinder bites the dust - I don't know what's next but I'll will work around it.
The pic's show the sprocket and drive shaft coupler I made on the Redneck lathe and part of the housing for the differential to bolt on. This shows how it goes together for servicing. Of course trying to get things lined up for a smooth spinning drive shaft was all the work- 10,000 rpm doesn't like out-of-round parts!!!! Dodging the clutch slave unit almost made this idea a NO-GO, but got a 1/4" clearance. It's starting to look like it might work!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VFR700 engine 2.JPG (72.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg VFR700 engine !.JPG (47.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg VFR700 engine 3.JPG (45.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg VFR700 engine 4.JPG (52.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg VFR700 engine 5.JPG (58.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg VFR700 engine 6.JPG (68.8 KB, 37 views)