View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Tom & x-bird- The wobble was measured with the dial indicator on the outside (untouched factory end) while in the drill at the end of the shaft- looked like the coupler was out of level a touch. I have looked at putting a 1/4" rubber gasket at the diff. connection, just a small amount of clearance on the splines will help let it spin smoothly and I'm well aware of the forces/vibrations @ 10,000rpm!!!- I hooked a battery to the starter just to see what 50rpm looked like and it's not so bad I'm worried about self-destruct!!! the end going into the diff is spring loaded- it was originally designed for some movement in/out & wobble-we'll see!!!
The chain is going to be long!! but it's got to have a chain tensioner anyways, so when I put the exhaust back on I'll re-direct it then. Still to early in the build to know all the little impacts/obstructions!!! It may not work at all!!!!!!
It's a different set-up and a challenge- so I'm game- can't just do what's easiest all the time!!!!
I always have the option to turn the engine around the normal direction as I've only altered the sprocket ($20 part) if it all goes south!

Last edited by metalstudman1; 02-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.