Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Lurker

Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
I always like to get the opinions of others that have more experance in things before jumping in and screwing things up.
I just need to complete the Trantula first and then start on the Taz build.LOL
Would have to agree with you there Zapper and no shortage of jobs on the list too. . . LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Your in the right forum!!! Most of us would want to build that "Highend Buggy/Sandrail!!! You definitely have the "ULTIMATE" powerplant. You also have some of the other expensive parts of a build- "quailty" shocks. I'm very interested in your build and seeing the progress when you start.
Your being optimistic is a great quality to have as this will carry you through the "can't make up my mind" stage of a build. IMO- I think Mig/Tig/Heliarc welding are fairly easy to master- it's the understanding of "metallurgy" that most people overlook or fail to wrap their heads around.
Good point you make about the metallurgy, I haven't though about it and maybe I should do some research, I'm knot completely settled with the idea of the weld sinking into the pipe fitment idea even though I have some arc experience. This I will do.

Both of you seem to have reached my idea nicely, good to know there is interest in the project. . . time to search metallurgy.

Just to broarden the idea a bit: I have looked at a Roadstercycle reverse but think a jack shaft with starter ring around a disk for brake and starter reverse will suit be better. The problem at the moment is getting from the jack shaft to the axle, I want something that will last and this will take some new ideas that have me thinking a lot.